Monday, July 12, 2010

Children's Museum

Avery and I met up with some of the gals from our church playgroup today at the Austin Children's Museum. This was our first time to go inside, though I've passed by it dozens of times when I worked downtown. On Monday mornings they open it up to toddlers and babies only - 3 and under. I thought Avery might get a little overwhelmed with all of the people running around, but she loved it. She took right off and I spent the next two hours chasing her.

They have story time and singing time - we tried both but Avery wasn't a fan of sitting still. She loved the huge chess game and moved the pieces all over the place. The toddler area had a ton of balls, and it was fenced in, which meant I could contain her safely and still visit with the other moms for a bit.

It was a nice change of pace from our usual mornings, and she was a champ skipping her nap today. We even ended the morning with her 15 month checkup and shots and she survived with minimal whining.

Finley and Avery playing chess





Finley sharing with Hadley

We had a great time, but it is definitely exhausting chasing after them!

No comments: