Sunday, February 25, 2007

I love Sundays!

God has proven to be so faithful - I know He doesn't have to prove it, but He has definitely shown it to Luke and me lately. I tend to stress out and forget the big picture, worrying about what's to come rather than relying on God to bring it to pass in His own time. Today I was reminded so much of His faithfulness, particularly through various members of our new church. We spent all day involved in church activities; we're attending a new members class at All Saints, and it was absolutely wonderful. And we had community group again tonight. Just a few weeks ago, we knew absolutely no one in Austin, and now we're meeting new people every week and finally making some friends. I've had trouble finding a job, and now I have an interview tomorrow with a bakery. Last weekend I just broke down - money's tight, the job search was dismal, Luke works a lot and I don't have girlfriends here to call on. My faith was so weak...I lost all sight of the blessings God has bestowed on us. I lost sight of what my hope should be in - not in the signs that God gives us sometimes to let us know He is here, but in Christ alone. I should be focusing more on Christ, because He is ever constant, rather than on what does or doesn't go my way each day, if my expectations are met or not.

"The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." (Proverbs 16:9)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Meghann- I'm sorry I've been so flaky with getting in touch- now I can't find your phone number.. give me a call soon 281-543-1071