Monday, August 20, 2007

Leap

I feel like I'm packing up for college all over again. Most of my belongings will stay behind, while I pick through everything and take only what is absolutely necessary. We've been spoiled with our home here in Austin, and we'll be downsizing to a place the size of our current bedroom. Good thing I don't suffer from serious claustrophobia!

We've been praying about this decision to move to NYC for months now, and I felt like our prayers had been falling on deaf ears. My faith is so often shortsighted. Like Mom says, "God doesn't bring it until you need it." So true! Now that we're at a little over a month left on our lease in Austin, we're finally seeing some visible evidence of God's ever-present hand in our lives. Which makes me feel so dumb for ever doubting that He was listening. We've let work know that we're moving up there, and the responses have been so supportive and encouraging. Right now, we have a few decisions to make regarding when to move and what to do about jobs, but we'll let you know what happens over the next couple of months.

I'll start school in December, right before Christmas. Which means...just the two of us this year for the holidays. I've never been without family on Christmas, and it makes me a bit sad, but I'm also thrilled about being able to spend a snowy (hopefully!) Christmas with my hubby, where we can have a quiet couple of days together before we're tossed into busy schedules again. It will be such a sweet time for us.

God's provision has been incredible during this time, and I feel like He has blessed this decision to pursue my passion and strengthen my gifts at this time in my life. It is a huge leap of faith to move up there, not knowing at this point what our finances will look like while I'm in school. But - the Lord has always provided exactly what we need, and I am confident that He will continue to do so.

We ask for your continued prayer as we prepare for our move up there, particularly regarding jobs, financial support for school, housing (affordable and in a safe area!!), and how long we should stay up there post-graduation.

1 comment:

diane said...

We are so excited for you guys. That will be a sweet time for you and Luke at Christmas. though I know your families will miss you.

I was good to see you yesterday.