Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

I've decided to give up on the second blog...it's already too much to keep up with, and I know most people will forget to check it. It's deleted already.

We're spending New Year's Eve as a typical New Yorker would...far away from the mess of Times Square. We thought we might try it, but after hearing accounts of what it's really like, and me not being one for large crowds and drunks, it's probably the best decision for us. We are going to meet up with a gal from my class and some other people out in Brooklyn to watch fireworks. I've been trying to fight off a cold or sinus infection, not sure which, so a low-key evening sounds nice. We went out a few nights ago, and I had to yell over the noise in the bar, so my throat has been bothering me ever since. Last night I was in bed before 9 pm, and slept for 12 hours straight. I'm such an old woman sometimes.

Here are two desserts made on Friday in class...these are the finished products from my disastrous pâte brisée.

Not my finest work, but at least I can learn from these two...they'll only get better from here.

Luke and I are so excited to be starting a new year in a new city - I feel like this year holds so much promise for us. We hope everyone has a festive evening!

No comments: