Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sweating and Stressing in NYC

So...3 more days of class. Holy. Smokes. I can't believe it. Let me catch you up with the last of the plated desserts unit, and then I'll move into the wedding cake nightmare.


Warm Chocolate FondantHazelnut Cake
Ligurian Lemon Cake
Beaumes-de-Venise cakeTropical Tasting Plate


The wedding cake...the nightmare of the past 3 days. I hate it. It was a dumb theme - Japanese garden theme between an American journalist and a geisha. My diagram was phenomenal, and I had these grand plans to make this huge pagoda. But - architect I am not, and my scaling was off, not to mention my timing. Notice the roofs on the bottom - Chef Laurie helped me rig that up at the last second. They were supposed to go on the cake. I was on the verge of tears, or maybe more than on the verge, and all of a sudden Chef Laurie came over...I thought I was doing such a great job hiding it! It's over, and that's all I have to say about it.

How I looked post-wedding cake. My hair had fallen out of the hat, I was sweating up a storm, and I was mad. :) The three days were the longest of my life...it was 97 degrees outside, and the AC wasn't working in the school. We had a terrible storm the other night, and Molly clawed her way into this tiny corner in the closet. This pic was taken after I had removed shoes and an ironing board so that she could stay and hide in there.

Look at these cuties! I saw them as I was entering the subway after class today, and I snapped their picture. Precious.

No comments: