Monday, October 20, 2008

Insomnia!

Can't sleep. So exhausted, but my mind won't turn off for the night. The day felt wasted. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed, wrestled with Molly at the vet and left there terribly embarrassed at her behavior and a couple hundred dollars poorer, and then was a lazy bum the rest of the day. Luke calls it my "recharge day", while I say I wasted it. Because I don't feel any more rested or recharged. So now I sit here lamenting over the fact that nothing got done and making a list mentally of all of the things I want to do during my insomniatic (new word?) hours. Luke will wake up to 1. a spotlessly clean house and/or 2. a tired and hormonal wife who still needs more sleep and has yet to clean the house. It could go either way at this point.

I keep waiting for the nesting tendencies to kick in. I guess mentally they have, but they aren't expressing themselves physically yet. My list of to-do grows longer by the minute, but my energy and desire to actually get started on the projects doesn't keep up. It's also hard because we have a roommate occupying what will be the nursery, so I can't do much until he moves out. We haven't started preparing for this baby at all. Luke is of the mindset that we should just wait to get everything after the baby is born. Panic! No way! He's right in that we don't have a space to put stuff for another 2 months, but it's killing me to sit around and do nothing. Part of it is time - which I have little of these days. Work has taken over my life...while I enjoy it very much, it leaves little room for getting stuff done around here. Also, we're headed into holiday season, which means overtime and gingerbread house construction off the clock. Sigh.

On a brighter note - Luke had a dream that our baby is a girl. Woke up absolutely convinced, and he is even saying "our daughter". I think it's the sweetest thing, and I really hope he is right. He used to lament that he was surrounded by too many women - he has two sisters, and me, and my two sisters, his two nieces, plus both of our moms, plus the dog. But after this dream of his, he's having the most fun trying to think of girl names, and saying how he can't wait to have all of his girls around him. Now what if we have a boy?! Watching his excitement over this baby makes me love him even more. He is going to be an amazing father. He's already the best husband, especially in dealing with my pregnancy moods.

No comments: