Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Boredom

I'm thankful today for my job. Many days are very hard and long, but at the end of a hard day's work, I'm thankful for my husband who rubs my feet and puts my (large) pregnant self to bed. And I'm thankful that the day passed quickly. I have 4 days off in a row this week, which is an unexpected blessing, because I am in dire need of some quality R&R, particularly because I don't sleep well at night these days. However, despite being at home resting, I find that I'm quite bored here. People at work always ask how long I'm going to stick it out, because they see me growing bigger each week. They think I'm crazy for not sitting on my couch, eating bon-bons, as some have affectionately referred to the glorious life of the end of pregnancy. It's because I'd go out of my mind crazy with boredom! Work keeps me distracted, and I like my job. I can't imagine how painfully slow these last two months of pregnancy would be if I were at home all the time.

On another note - I've been catching up on Luke's blog. I've been a bad wife and haven't read much of it. I may be biased, but I think he's quite talented as a writer - he expressed himself well, in a style that I enjoy reading. My writing style is boring - I really need to get him to write on here and record our daily life, because it'd be much more entertaining. Or I should just change the title of this blog, since it's really just my blog, where you can read about our life from my perspective only. Anyways, I stray from my point. He's been trying to develop a new hobby, find new meaning and purpose in his life, and writing has become that. He always talks about doing something more creative with his life than working in grey-cubicle-land. I highly encourage this, but I also pray that he sticks with his day job until he writes a best-seller. I know this has become a struggle for him - he's not really happy with his role at work, and corporate America and Luke just don't seem to mix well, despite how well he does and how hard he works. It's not his passion...it's simply a means to an end. I wish I could see him happy in his work.

1 comment:

Julie R. Denning said...

The girl "explaining" Star Wars is probably one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

Hans?

Yeah Hans. Han S.