Sunday, August 02, 2009

A Day in the Life...


I, Avery Jane, live a very busy life. These days I'm once again sleeping 10-12 hours every night, to make Mom and Dad happy. But a couple weeks ago, I liked to wake up at 4 am EVERY morning, just to keep them on their toes. We can't have them getting lazy, can we? And to keep things interesting, I have decided to wage war on naps, since I'm sleeping so well at night and all. I have to teach Mom and Dad that they can't have everything they want.

My new favorite toys are my hands; I love to suck on them constantly. In fact, I'll suck on anything that comes in contact with my mouth, like the burp rag I just spit up all over, Dad's arm while he's giving me a bath, my playtime mat, the list goes on.

I tricked the parents into thinking I was going to roll over very soon, but I've lost interest. They'll just have to keep waiting. I'm in no hurry. But they still insist on making me do tummy time. Seriously?! I hate this guys. Please stop. I like the bald spot on the back of my head, and if I don't spend more time on my back, it'll disappear.


I wake up around 7, for breakfast, then play for about an hour, and then I like to take a nap, although I don't always go down without a fight. Then I'm up to eat again and play with Mom. The cycle continues - eat, play, sleep. I don't like afternoons, and I especially don't like letting Mom and Dad eat a hot meal at a decent time. I usually take Dad on a walk during these times. But yesterday I got to "swim" in a bucket, while the puppy drank my pool water. And, check out Mom's new haircut!Ah, this is the life!
Then, after swimming or walking, I get a bath, another meal, and then off to bed!

No comments: