Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Conversations with Avery

In the car, on the way to a play date
Avery: Mommy, when we get home can you wipe my booger?!
Me: We can wipe it when we get to Mrs. Crystal's house.
Avery: I don't want you to wipe it!
Me: Well, we'll get rid of it in a tissue when we get there.
Avery: There, I got rid of it.
Me: Where did you put it?
Avery: Right here, safe and sound. Safe and sound.


This morning, after a time out. I'm trying to explain that what comes out of our mouths shows what's in our hearts. We had just had an incident over cupcake sprinkles. Just when I think she might be understanding what I'm trying to teach her, she ends with this:
Avery: Sprinkles come out of my mouth! God doesn't need my cupcake or sprinkles. (Or something to that effect, I was trying not to laugh - she might have said He can have them.)

No comments: