Sunday, January 26, 2014

Bumpdate, Weeks 26-30

                                      

                                      



I feel enormous. The pics don't make me look as big as I feel (shh, don't tell me if I'm wrong), so I guess I've got room for this belly to grow, but oh, that scares me. I always have popped early, and I tend to carry straight out, but this time I fear I might topple over by halfway through my last trimester.

I also love the comments people give, and they are on the exact opposite ends of the spectrum. Either I am "tiny" and "look awesome" (I LOVE ALL OF THESE PEOPLE) or I get "how are you still walking?" and "Wow, you're only ... weeks? You have SUCH a long way to go." (I DON'T LOVE ALL OF THESE COMMENTS, BUT I STILL LOVE (MOST OF) THESE PEOPLE)

It'll only get better from here.

I feel great, honestly. My back hurts a bit first thing in the morning and again at the end of the day, but it's been a good couple of months otherwise. Still more tired than my last pregnancies, but this is partly due to keeping up with more children. And I'm older.

This baby is still very wiggly, which is so fun. Unless I'm driving, because then he or she finds a way to press both up and down at the same time, making it really difficult to breathe. My stomach does all sorts of waves and the girls (mostly Avery) got to feel the baby for the first time. It's hard for them to be patient to wait for the kicks, but now that Avery has felt the baby, she loves to sit and wait for it. She'll rest her head on my belly sometimes just to show it some love. So sweet.

Still enjoying not knowing the gender, though I have a strong suspicion one way. Both girls think the baby is a boy, and Avery still REALLY wants a brother. I hope she doesn't cry if the baby is a girl.

Avery has become my photographer for most of these pics. She's pretty good! Better than her daddy sometimes.

I started noticing hiccups during week 29, which is cute the first time. And then...

My lungs no longer expand fully, which means by the end of the day, when I'm full, it's really hard to breathe when I lay down. It takes me forever to get comfortable and fall asleep, but once I do, I'm usually good for the night, which is a huge blessing. Not experiencing as much insomnia as in previous pregnancies.

I always seem to be pregnant during Girl Scout cookie season. I've had to avoid making eye-contact with the Girl Scouts in order to not cave and buy 6 boxes. So far, so good. I've bought zero boxes in an effort to keep my low-sugar diet on track. I have the occasional treat, but those cookies would totally do me in.

10 Weeks to Go!




1 comment:

EMU said...

You look great! Not too big, not too small, just where you should be at 30 weeks! :)

I can't believe you only have 10 weeks to go. Your pregnancy is flying by for ME! :)