Weight: 12 lbs 14.6 oz (50-75%)
Height: 23.5" (75%)
Head Circ: 16" (90%)
- rewards us with the biggest smiles for paying even the slightest bit of attention to him
- is cooing
- has very good head control - he can hold it up for a long time and look around
- hates tummy time
- has begun to notice the mirror on his swing
- is mesmerized by the ceiling fan
- adores his big sisters and loves when they shower him with attention
- seems to be feeling better tummy-wise and only has an occasional bad day now
- has completely stopped the projectile vomiting
- is sleeping so.much.better at night - I'm getting 6-7 hour stretches people!!! Generally we are up once in the night since he nurses frequently til 11 pm and then is down for the next 6 hours or so. At 2 months 3 days he went to bed at 7:30 and I didn't see him again til 1:30, which is the same amount of time slept but means I'm up in the night more since he did his long stretch early. However, this is the trend that I want - our girls always went to bed early and then we could enjoy the rest of the evening, and I'm happy to see that Jack is beginning to follow suit.
- naps pretty well. He is still in that sleepy stage where he dozes throughout the day, but he is developing a routine where he'll wake between 5 and 6 am, eat, go right back to sleep til about 8:30, is up for awhile, naps, etc. He tends to take a long nap in the afternoon while the girls are having their rest time.
- once he hit about 6 weeks, we turned a corner on all of the difficulties we were having with sleeping/eating constantly/tummy troubles and he's been such an easy-going baby since then.
- still loves to be held, but I can lay him down and he'll put himself to sleep. We snuggle a lot in the evenings just because I like to and don't get to as much during the day when the girls are running around
- is doing better in the carseat and is usually pretty happy unless he's starving
- doesn't like to hang out in the carseat (stroller) unless it's moving
- loves the sling, any sling. He falls asleep almost instantly.
- refuses the pacifier, which I'm oddly thankful for. Avery took it until three months, Eleanor finally broke the habit a few months ago, and Jack doesn't like it at all.
- went on his first and second road trips, both to Houston - once for Mother's Day/family get-together, and again on a quick trip to see my grandma who was in the hospital.
We adore our little Jack!
And, from the past month:
|a lot of time spent sleeping on mommy|
|first grocery shopping trip with all 3 kids|
|playing the girls' favorite game: night-night|
|playdate with the Rains. I remember Skyler as a tiny baby, and now he is holding my tiny baby|
|Nana came back for a day to bring us a loveseat and a piano|
|Avery's preschool graduation|
|He's just so happy!!|
|Jack and cousin Miles|