Monday, June 25, 2007

Rainy Days

I love waking up to the sound of rain. It means that our dog Molly will be extra good that day, because rain and thunder scare her. She hides in our bathroom, curled up in a little ball.

I met up with Crystal and Skyler today for coffee - she and Jonathan and baby Skyler moved here recently and live about 10 minutes down the road from us. It's so nice to have them nearby. Hopefully we'll get to know them better, and I love having a girlfriend to talk to again. Still haven't quite connected with the gals down here in Austin. I think it's a different kind of crowd - more career focused perhaps?

Now I'm back at home, enjoying the rain and the quiet house. Luke and I are planning a road trip to New York with our moms at the beginning of August. We'll drive on the weekends and spend the weekdays in the city. We're hoping to catch a Broadway show or two, visit Chelsea Market, eat good food in Chinatown, do more of the real New York thing rather than see all of the tourist attractions again. We'll also visit the French Culinary Institute up there, to see the facilities and have dinner in their restaurant. Super excited about this trip!!!

No comments: