This was inspired by her: where I am right now. I thought it'd be a nice journaling jump-off point, as something I can use in the family scrapbook one day.
1. I'm facing yet another move in a few months, right after Christmas. Back to one of our favoritest cities, so that's exciting, but I'm also tired of moving. I'm ready to be settled finally. We're still not buying a house, which is disappointing, but in God's timing we'll find the right one for us.
2. Baby-proofing is next on my to-do list. Avery is scooting, and this week has been trying to get up on her knees. That spells major trouble for all of the things I've been keeping too low. It's time to protect her little fingers and protect my breakables.
3. I miss baking. I miss the activity of the professional kitchen. I don't miss the crazy hours though. I don't know that I miss it enough to go back to it in reality. So I play around at home, experimenting with new recipes, making old favorites, whatever tempts my sweet tooth at that time.
4. I LOVE being a mom. More than anything I've ever done. This is my life's purpose. Avery brings a smile to my face everyday. She can instantly turn my grumpy mood around.
5. I'm learning how to balance my role as mom versus my role as wife. It's hard to find the right balance some days. Sometimes it's easier to focus solely on the baby. Some days it feels like we bounce Avery back and forth between us, and never find a moment to connect with each other, without Avery. But, my love for Luke has deepened even more, as I watch him grow into his role as a wonderful father to our baby girl. I love watching the two of them together.
6. I'm teaching myself Photoshop Elements. It has all of the features I need, without the hefty price tag of the full version of Photoshop. I am loving it. I feel so proud of myself when I figure something out on my own.
7. Today I'm suffering from a cold. Avery has a mini version of this cold, which I guess I caught from her. Only I have it ten times worse. And I still managed to clean the bathroom today, and get dinner on the table, and make pumpkin creme brulee for dessert, while caring for a baby.
8. I'm amazed at how quickly the housework piles up. Dishes. Laundry. Those are the only two things we manage to sort-of stay on top of. Deep cleaning doesn't happen as often. Mail piles up. Thankfully I have a super-helpful hubby.
9. Avery is sleeping through the night, and has been since about 3 months, if not sooner. And I'm talking 12 hours here. 12 HOURS!! Apart from the occasional growth spurt where she wakes up starving at 4 am for a few nights, she's consistently 7p-7a. Love. It.
10. Did I mention I love being a stay-at-home mom? Yes, I miss work sometimes. But staying home is amazing. I've never been a huge career person (those who know me will heartily agree and laugh along with me here). This time with Avery is a blessing; even though we're making some sacrifices in the material world, it's all worth it to spend my days watching her grow.