Friday, February 11, 2011

She's Home!

Our girl returned home from a fun-filled week with my parents, and it's been a whirlwind of emotions for her (and me). She was so excited to see me and wouldn't let me go, and then she wasn't sure about coming home with me, and then she was super excited, and then she cried when we pulled up to the apartment (I do that sometimes, too...kidding!), and then she was happy to see her daddy, and then sobbed, and then nap, and then whimpering, and then sobbing mixed with laughter (something all girls seem to master), and then happy sad happy sad all over again. Whew, exhausting! But she's adjusting, and we are so glad to have her home! Apparently she didn't ask for us all week (both good and bad) until this morning, so it's good she came home today.

She's already giving the new baby a taste of what it's like to have an older sister by taking the baby's food, otherwise known as my smoothie.

How'd I do on my checklist?
  • Work on decorating the dollhouse In progress, but I got a lot of work done on the furniture and the living room walls and picked out fabric for the bedding
    • finish painting the furniture
    • flooring and walls
  • Finish the alphabet blocks DONE!
  • Simplify paperwork in the house In progress, though I made a strong start in scanning my inspiration files into the computer to reduce our paper clutter. I also need to buy a paper shredder.
  • Continue adding to the donation pile DONE! And out of the house, thanks to MOPSwap
  • Deep cleaning of the apartment, with the more chemical work left for Luke (yay pregnancy!) Um, yeah...we did dishes and laundry and general picking up.
  • Sew the valentine's postcards for her mailbox (pics will come later) Not at all - I kept forgetting what I needed for this project when I was at the craft store
  • Make valentine's for her playgroup party printed, but need to sign them and find envelopes
  • Make it to the gym at least 3x this week embarrassed to admit - not at all
  • Cook dinner nightly In some form or another, and we tried a couple new recipes
 All in all, a productive week, with some visiting with friends and resting early in the week when I was feeling bad. I did learn that I felt like I had no purpose without my child - such a weird feeling to have. 
 

No comments: