Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Time Out


Time-outs no longer seem to be an effective form of discipline for Aves. She seems to think that it should resemble the above photo, lounging on the floor and smiling up at me after the initial two seconds of "crying". So today I propped her up, sat behind her, and I had her sit there for her minute, during which she (while crying) leaned back, looked up at me, and said, "Hi, Mommy. How are you?" I prayed that she would look back down so I could giggle silently. I think it's time to re-examine our discipline methods.

2 comments:

ellie621 said...

time outs don't work for us either - Claire will ask for them!! UNLESS accompanied by a "pop" - a spanking . No fun at all but at least it is effective.

Anonymous said...

I am no parenting expert by any means...I have been reading Shepherding a Child's Heart. It is a great read!