Friday, September 02, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Luke's birthday was last Saturday, and we celebrated a day early with cake, and more cake and pizza on the actual day. My brother and sis-in-law were in town for the day, so they came over for a little mini dinner party. Nothing fancy this year - saving that for the big 3-0 next year, but it was fun to catch up with family and eat cake and snap a pic of my sis-in-law pregnant at the same time before our baby comes.
Luke and his odd placement of candles

singing Happy Birthday
Avery was beyond excited for cake. And don't mind the wonky frosting job -  9 months pregnant means the frosting gets on it, even with sprinkles, but it isn't gonna look pretty. And it was boxed cake (the horror!) but homemade frosting.
stripped down to just a diaper and showing off the frosting on her fingers
 While baking the cake, she wanted to know what I was doing. When I told her we'd have cake with chocolate frosting for Daddy's birthday, she squinched her eyes shut, clapped her hands, and jumped up and down. And when she learned that she had to eat dinner first, she threw a fit. A girl after my own heart!

Interesting bit of trivia - 3 out of 4 girls in my family are pregnant at the same time. I'm due in a week, my sister Michelle (who wasn't able to make it over that night, so not pictured) is due in January, and our sis-in-law Julie is due in March. It's so fun to be celebrating all of these babies together!!!! I can't wait for next summer, when the number of grandchildren congregating for our big summer get-togethers has quadrupled from where it stands today.
showing off baby bumps and my hospital door decor handiwork - rag wreaths for a boy and a girl - just waiting to see which one I'll need!

No comments: