Sweet Eleanor, you are 11 months old!
- have continued to work hard on your standing and cruising skills, though you seem content to be stuck at this physical milestone. I was convinced you'd be walking by now, but you seem content where you are.
- were a champion eater. I keep waiting for the day when you decide to be picky, but so far you're doing really well. You didn't like eggs or cheese or banana, but recently you've decided cheese is okay. The biggest difference between you and Avery at this age is that you like meat, and all of it. Doesn't matter what kind we put on your plate, you'll eat it.
- Are saying Da-da and in the right context.
- spent a week away from me, refused all of the 160 oz of pumped milk I left with Daddy and Nana, and resumed nursing after a 24 hour boycott.
- are showing signs of being a big climber. In the week since turning 11 months, you have mastered climbing onto Avery's bed (which requires the use of a step-stool to get onto). I went to check on you in your room, and you had put yourself up on that big ol' bed! You were happily playing with all of Avery's babies. It's now your favorite place to play, and you'll sit up there for at least 30 minutes at a time.
- can crawl up AND down the stairs, and you sometimes hold onto the wall and sidestep all the way down.
- woke up between 5 and 6 am to nurse before going back down til 7 or 7:30
- played well by yourself and with Avery
- were a bit crankier than usual, probably due to that tooth that popped up at the beginning of the month
Just a few more weeks until we celebrate a full year of you!