Monday, October 15, 2012

Conversations with Avery

A few of my favorites from the past month....

"Fee fi four three!"  She was sitting on her bed, reading Jack and the Beanstalk.

At Joann's, while looking for a pattern for her Halloween costume, I was perched on the edge of my chair (I rarely sit all the way back). She turned to me, rubbed my back, and said, "Sweetie, you need to sit back in your chair." The lady across from us looking at magazines had to turn around to hide her laughter.

"Uuuh, this is ridiculous!" (pronounced ridicholas) while having trouble putting on panties

Me: "Avery, you're so sweet. I really enjoy that about you."
Avery: "Yes, I know."

"Hi, kiddo."  To Eleanor one morning.

"But I need my doctor bag!! I'm not healthy!"

This morning at church she told one of her teachers that she was going to be Audrey Hepburn for Halloween. I started laughing when she told me this, because we haven't introduced her to Audrey yet, and Avery has requested to be a cow. There must have been another girl who said that, and Avery agreed that she was going to be Audrey, too. I asked her about it in the car, and she confirmed that a friend was going to be Audrey Hepbird.

Also, at church, Eleanor cries LOUDLY when I drop her off. Her room is across the hall from Avery's, and Avery told her teachers, "That's my sister. And she is crying and whining."

While working on Avery's Halloween costume, I had her try the pants on one morning, because I had to alter them down to fit her. I asked if she liked the costume, would she be okay with wearing this (yes, why would I ask a 3 year old that...she's going to wear it regardless of her answer)...she responded with "Yes, but I just want to walk on two legs, not three (she meant four)."


No comments: