Monday, November 05, 2012

Monday Musings

A little contemplative, a little lighthearted for your Monday morning....

My one word this year is RENEWAL. I have to say that this year has felt like anything but that. More like sifting, so I guess that would translate to renewing, but "renewal" has such a positive connotation, and not much has felt positive this year. But, looking back on my original post about this year's word, I'm reminded of this:
"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4: 16-18
I'm also a glass half-empty kind of person, and that's a battle of the mind I have to fight constantly. As the holidays approach, it's time to start thinking of next year's word. I wonder what word will find me in the next couple of months.



Eleanor is sick, with the highest temp I've ever seen her display before. We're headed to the doctor first thing in the morning to see if it's RSV, which is going around right now. Poor little girl has been happy happy despite all of this, apart from an hour or so after nap today when her temp was at it's peak.

We are back in dance after having to miss last week, and Avery was so excited to go. We watched Angelina Ballerina this morning in anticipation of her class.

Avery is into role-playing. All weekend she was Kai-Lan, and Luke was Grandpa (from an episode on one of her movies we have in the car). Eleanor turned into Baby Amy (?) and I became Aunt Michelle. Uncle Nick was Santa Claus. Not once did she misspeak and get us confused. That girl's memory is incredible.



No comments: