Saturday, August 13, 2011

36 Weeks

I'm still pregnant! I won't be rejoicing at this news when I'm past 40 weeks, but today, this is a huge praise. We've got one more week til term, and then my bedrest restrictions are lifted and I can get out and about and have a little fun.
I must say, 3rd trimester pregnancy is the only time that my butt looks small. I'm liking this.

The past 3 weeks have been better than I thought, though I know it's been trying for Luke and our families - everyone has had to juggle schedules in order to help me out, and I am so utterly thankful for all of them.

My to-do list has dwindled down to just a couple items, including getting my hair cut and baking for the hospital (I like to "bribe" the nurses). For Avery, I baked cupcakes and spent my last afternoon before being induced frosting them. But, it's 105 degrees out, so I'm opting for simple brownies that won't melt in the heat.

I did come to the realization this past week that even if we have a girl, we still have to buy a whole new wardrobe for her, because our children will be born in opposite seasons. We're covered through the first 3 months, because the weather will be similar, but after that, we'll have to stock up for a girl. And if it's a boy, I hope our bank account can handle it. *grin*

And, here's what I've been up to the past 3 weeks:

This quilt, a gift for a friend's new baby, plus another 2 quilts are in the works.

So, I'm off to enjoy my last week of laziness before the hubby goes back to working in the office and I'm on my own again.


No comments: